If you are using Windows 10 and just know you are typing in the right password, and your password contains a # or a £ sign for example, then this article should help you out.
You will need to know what the American keyboard looks like. Here is a picture:
So if you have a # in your password, you will need to press SHIFT+3 at the logon screen.
How can I fix this?
To resolve this you will first need to be able to log in – hopefully the above will help. Then:
- Open Control Panel
- (View by: Small icons)
- Click on Language
- Click Advanced settings (left hand side)
- Now click the Apply language settings to welcome screen… option as seen below:
- On the next screen, click the Copy settings… button
- Tick the bottom two boxes and press OK
- That should do it for next time you reboot your computer.
- While you are at it, why not go download the English (United Kingdom) language pack?